The Practical 1 Day: Understanding Derivatives - Options and Futures Course
This is a practical full day course that focuses on the usage of Options and Futures. It provides an understanding of both the benefits and risks of options and futures. Wiith proper risk management and monitoring, derivatives may provide significant benefits for alpha generation. This practical 1 day course begins with an overview of derivative products in general, and then we will go quickly into the practical aspects of options and futures, and drill more deeply into derivatives from a business perspective:
- Understand what is margin, leverage, trading limits and delivery. Know the functions of exchanges and clearinghouses.
- Futures contract pricing – basis, cost of carry, contango and backwardation.
- Understand the concept of perfect and imperfect hedge, cross hedge.
- How is options compared with and differ from forward based contracts
- What is premium, exercise, assignment, etc.
- Risk and reward characteristics of basic calls and puts, spreads, etc.
- Option pricing – intrinsic value, time value, implied volatility and delta hedge
- Introduction of the Greeks – delta, theta, rho, vega, etc
Risk Management and Value at Risk
Technical Analysis as it applies to trading options and futures
Understand the mechanics of trend following managed futures funds and win more hedge fund clients.
Speaker : Mr. Edward C. K. Chin
Who Should Attend : Licensed professionals, front or back office staff who want a basic understanding on options and futures, from a business angle. Please call (852) 2523 -2563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Mr. Chin has over 20 years of experience in portfolio management, hedge funds and securities trading. Mr. Chin was a derivatives trader at TD Securities and was responsible for derivatives and portfolio management accounts at BMO Nesbitt Burns in Toronto, by implementing volatility arbitrage and market neutral trading techniques. After relocating back to Hong Kong from Toronto in 2000, Mr. Chin held the position of Country Manager at Man Investments. Mr. Chin runs MDE Walters Capital, a strategy consulting firm that he founded, advising the investment banking and financial services sector on investment products distribution, hedge funds advisory, trading psychology, and advanced trading strategies. Mr. Chin is a Canadian Investment Manager (CIM) and a fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI). He graduated from the University of Manitoba in Applied Economics and got an MBA from the University of Toronto.
CPT Hour :
||In House Training
Please contact us for a tailor made program
For more information, please call us at (852) 2523 2563 or email us at email@example.com
Back to Course List